Landscape and Garden Design
Landscape and garden design is the art of planning and arranging the features of an area to create practical and beautiful outcomes.
For us, it is a creative process of bringing out your vision for your garden while considering factors such as the architecture of your home and the soil and climate conditions of the site. We combine this with our expert plant knowledge and a focus on ease of use to create harmonious and self-sustaining outdoor spaces that you can enjoy for years to come.
As for a design philosophy, we love plants and are avid gardeners, so our gardens tend to be full and lush while also being easy to maintain and adaptable to your specific requirements. Conservation concerns, water-wise gardening, and the use of indigenous plants, specifically fynbos, are strong influences.
After meeting with you and assessing the site and your ideas for your garden, we draw up a garden design plan. The plan includes everything needed to create your outdoor spaces, including:
- Water-features, ponds, and swimming pools
- Paving, fencing, and trellis work
- Lighting, statues and garden ornaments
- Pergolas, garden furniture, and plant containers
- Timber decking
- Waterwise solutions and irrigation systems
Garden Installation and Project Management
Our full-service approach means we don’t just provide you with a garden design plan, we also take care of the management of trusted subcontractors creating all hardscaping aspects leading up to the final garden installation.
Garden installation and preparation includes:
- Removing parts of an existing garden or taking control of a building site
- Preparing the soil
- Managing the subcontractors who do the paving, decking, irrigation, water features and other ‘hardscaping’ tasks
- Planting and ‘softscaping’ – the final element where the garden comes to life.
We can design a maintenance programme that suits your household and garden. In most cases a visit once or twice a month is enough to help a garden flourish and grow.
While consistency in the performance of gardening tasks is key to getting the best from your plants, our approach is based on flexibility and fitting in with your needs.
Common maintenance tasks include:
- Tree and hedge pruning
- Seasonal pruning of shrubs like hydrangeas, roses, grasses and salvias
- Minor irrigation system repairs
- Planting of annual colour, adding seasonal bulbs for a bit of extra flair
- Soil feeding and enrichment
- Weed and pest control
- Topping up of herb and vegetable gardens
- Supervising staff and providing on-site training and education in garden maintenance, where required
We look forward to working with you to create beautiful outdoor living areas that enhance the value of your property. Call us now to find out how we can make your dream garden a reality.